Our little Squisher turned one last Sunday. We had our local family over for enchiladas and I made her a pretty cake. It was a pretty low-key family fun kind of party.
- is opinionated! Danny says she is a one-year-old-going-on-teenager. She shakes her head and says "no no no."
- loves to give big open-mouth kisses right on the mouth
- waves hello to the telephone and holds things ie remotes, toys, and real phones up to her ear like a phone
- is very distracting in Sacrament meeting. She likes to turn around on the bench and flirt with the whole congregation behind her.
- takes 1-2 falling steps before she goes all the way down
- can go up and down stairs
- likes to play peek a boo and chase with Ollie
- can fold all the way in half when she gets upset. She'll be sitting on the floor crying and then next thing you know she is laying flat on her own legs. Also, when she gets upset, she will sometimes draw in air and hold her breath for so long that she passes out for a second.
- has 5 words down: Mama, Dada, Nana, no no, and uh-oh.
- likes to play in the blinds. We have lost more than half of the slats in the blinds over our glass sliding door.
- is small. She weighs just under 18 lbs and is in the 5th percentile for weight.
- gets so excited when Daddy comes home. She crawls straight for him and puts her arms up to be picked up.
- has one tooth! It came in the day before her birthday.
- likes to climb. One of her favorite spots is sitting inside of the lid drawer.