2. I reached my six month mark at work! I now have insurance coverage and got a raise. It's still crazy, and some days are harder than others but for the most part I really like it. The hardest part is finding time to do the really cool things that I am assigned to do. Between supervising visits and supervising and scheduling staff I rarely have time to look for grants, develop new programs, or develop new trainings.
3. Danny got offered a position to do research with his chemistry professor at EWU. We don't know many details yet, but there is a possibility that it will be a paid position and it will look great on applications for med schools.
4. I'm teaching the crazy crazy sunbeams at church on Sundays. I love them, but I come home very ready for a nap on Sundays. The CTR 6 class I had last year made me laugh like crazy and energized me most weeks - these kids just exhaust me. And make me laugh too.
5. My dad has been out of work for the past few months but had an interview on Tuesday and thinks that there may soon be an offer on the table. Cross your fingers!
6. We booked tickets to go to Europe! We're leaving on March 18th to fly to Rome. We'll spend a few days there then take a night train up to Munich where Danny's aunt and uncle will (hopefully) pick us up and we'll spend a week with them at their home on the Army base in Southern Germany. Danny's parents are coming with us and we're going to have an amazing time. I can't wait. Although I can't imagine how exhausting the first day back at work will be after flying in at midnight the night before. Who needs recovery time?